Sydney
Cairns
Alaska
San Carlos
Largo
Blighty
Tønsberg
AEST
QLDT
GMT-0900
PST
EST
WET
CET

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

The way we...are?!

Why you shouldn't turn your back on Martin

I've been meaning to get this one up for a while. Martin and family will be making the crossing to Oz next month. Apart from a general thickening, (something that seems to have happened to a few of us) the carrot top seems remarkably uneffected (unaffected? Grammerphiles, please let me know) by the passage of time. Daughter Emily and Martin are seen here at Krispy Kreme, just seconds before he created serious trust issues with his girl.

Those of you who don't know about Krispy Kreme, it's a huge chain of doughnut stores based in the states and now beginning to spread to other lands. I had the good fortune getting a boxed dozen courtesy of my darling wife when she came back from a hit and run trip to London a year or so ago. The sugar levels are toxic and the fat levels are probably carcenogenic, but mmmmmmmmmmm....doough-nuuuts...

4 comments:

Arnost said...

Since Marty won't answer my E-mails...!

Can we use this forum to organise a time when the US chapter of the Phoqqawii Tribe can catch up with their "land of the long white underpants" buddies?

The remnants of the tribe down under are notoriously difficult to organise, and unless Marty plan to catch up with all and sundry individually, I strongly recommend hs advises times and dates when he is free.

For example on Sunday 12th we have an invite to a (3 year old's) birthday party and on Saturday 18th we are flying out to the Gold Coast.

So cough up Marty boy!

And as for all the rest of you reading this, say Yay or Nay if you can make it, and we can this thing organised.

Also - can anyone suggest a venue? I suggested the Newport Arms... It's now got fantastic play areas for the kids PLUS they have BEER (ie not soapsuds).

P.S. I guarantee that you will not find a pineapple "donut" even in NSW. You may however find a pineapple "doughnut". So donu't you dare use that word again... ;)

Arnost said...

I agri. Aktχully, I Фink da hole alφabet šood be χanjed.

Arnost said...

MAN: You are so beautiful!

WOMAN: It's only because I'm so in love . . .

MAN: No, it's because I'm so in love with you.

WOMAN: So love has blinded you?

MAN: Well, that's not exactly what I meant . . .

ME: YAAARRRRGHHHH GAG GAG WRETCH SPLUTTER SPLATTER . . .


Has anyone seen the movie and what is the consensus?

Arnost said...

There were some good bits in the movie:

OBI-WAN moves to a panel and flips some switches. He sees a HOLOGRAM of ANAKIN slaughtering JEDI, including the YOUNG ONES. OBI-WAN and YODA react.

OBI-WAN: (continuing) It can't be . . . It can't be . . .

As ANAKIN surveys the carnage, a DARK-ROBED SITH LORD enters. ANAKIN turns to DARTH SIDIOUS and kneels before him.

ANAKIN: The traitors have been taken care of, Lord Sidious.

DARTH SlDIOUS: Good . . . good . . . You have done well, my new apprentice. Do you feel your power growing?

ANAKIN: Yes, My Master.

DARTH SlDIOUS: Now, Lord Vader, now go and bring peace to the Empire.

OBI-WAN watches in horror. Tears well up in his eyes.

OBI-WAN: I can't watch any more.

OBI-WAN switches off the hologram. The TWO JEDI stand in silence for a few moments.

YODA: Destroy the Sith, we must.

OBI-WAN: Send me to kill the Emperor. I will not kill Anakin.

YODA: To fight this Lord Sidious, strong enough, you are not.

OBI-WAN: He is like my brother ... I cannot do it.

YODA: Twisted by the dark side, young Skywalker has become. The boy you trained, gone he is . . . Consumed by Darth Vader.

OBI-WAN: How could it have come to this?

YODA: To question, no time there is.

OBI-WAN: I do not know where the Emperor has sent him. I don't know where to look.

YODA: Use your feelings, Obi-Wan, and find him, you will. Visit the new Emperor, my task is. May the Force be with you.

OBI-WAN: May the Force be with you, Master Yoda.