Sydney
Cairns
Alaska
San Carlos
Largo
Blighty
Tønsberg
AEST
QLDT
GMT-0900
PST
EST
WET
CET

Monday, June 13, 2005

It's in the bag!

Hot off the press! Just arrived in the office this morning to find an email waiting in my inbox summoning me to the bosses office with news about the job. After sucking back a couple of deep breaths and some undiluted java, I went in and got the news that we'd been hoping for. I am going to be *officially* offered the full time position doing my job with HiO.

The other, more highly ranked candidates have dropped out of the race as they got better jobs or used the offer on my job as a negotiating chip in their current positions (my theory).

This now means that the chances of Rannveig, Linnea Clare and myself being out on the street dodging snow drifts has been greatly reduced. Now we just have to finance the renovations, the 4000+ per month for the private day care... oh, my achin' back...

Anyway, no way am I going to put a damper on it! This is undiluted good news and a hamburger and coke (bubbly and sugary, not the other) will be purchased today in celebration of this historic event...for the first time in nearly 3 years, I will be gainfully employed FULL time once again! With public service benefits!! Oh, sweet, happy day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gratulerer!!

Store klemmer fra Astrid & Co

Arnost said...

Congratulations - good outcome.

You may have had to come back to Oz to get a job otherwise...

Anonymous said...

Well the news is great - the others cleared out in fear I suspect! There were after all fasr too many people watching the result of this selection process and these people had debts from dubious characters all over the world to call in on! Well done. I am sure it will be many years before the Uni discoovers its mistake!