Sydney
Cairns
Alaska
San Carlos
Largo
Blighty
Tønsberg
AEST
QLDT
GMT-0900
PST
EST
WET
CET

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Products not to be found on English speaking shelves

Long, upright can...trying to say something?

I've been meaning to get around to this for some time, but I never seemed to remember to have a camera on me whenever I go to the supermarket (strangely enough).

There is quite a collection of Norwegian products that are, well, rather different in their choice of name. I thought I would begin with one that always makes me smile every time I trundle the trolley past this shelf.

"Stiff" is not a marital aid product, but spray on starch. You know, for a smooth stroke... when ironing clothes, you smut merchants!! Stop sniggering out there! Yes, particularly you, Doherty! Piccles, explain starch and ironing to these juveniles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ashley - forget the weird product name. It's the couple on the can that is unnerving. It's as if the children from Village of the Damned grew up and got a project house and a mortgage in suburbia.