Sydney
Cairns
Alaska
San Carlos
Largo
Blighty
Tønsberg
AEST
QLDT
GMT-0900
PST
EST
WET
CET

Sunday, April 24, 2005

The camera never lies...

...or why Marty is so twitchy

Ah, the joys of Photoshop. Take a perfectly innocent picture of Martin Doherty in Jervis Bay with a relatively empty background, find some nice white pointer pictures and you can come up with all sorts of mischief.

Shark? Where, where...?


I've settled on the first picture as the best. Colour is better matched, the particle reflections in the water blend in nicely and I got Marty's bubbles overlaying the sharks body for the final touch. These other two I threw together for a bit of fun, but they just aren't quite realistic enough looking for my taste.

So how did he survive? Some things even a shark can't swallow.

Even so, I fully expect that one or more of them will be doing the rounds on the net within a matter of days as "the real thing". Hang on Martin, you just might be on you way to short lived internet celebrityhood!

I took the original back around '93 during the infamous plankton bloom trip when a good number of the tribe donated their already eaten breakfasts to the sea after a particularly bouncy trip on the boat out from Husky (following a night not too wisely spent on the turps)

1 comment:

Arnost said...

Hey Marty, It's about time to send me recent photo of the kids. Will ya?

My new e-mail address is arnic89@optusnet.com.au