Sydney
Cairns
Alaska
San Carlos
Largo
Blighty
Tønsberg
AEST
QLDT
GMT-0900
PST
EST
WET
CET

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Neighbours..?

Here's a juicy little nugget (as in a chicken nugget for the pedants out there, not a gold...oh, never mind then) that I managed to figure out for myself in the last couple of days.

Martin Doherty, the tribes expat in the US of A lives in an area south of San Francisco called Redwood Shores. This is just a skip north from Palo Alto where, I'll be buggered, Laurie Stevens, one of Rannveigs old pals is based. Small world, yet again!

Correction: Mr Doherty advises that he now resides in the leafy hills of Mount Lebanon, Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. Those with passing knowledge of seppo* geography understand that the Pitts and Silicon Valley are not in close proximity. Now if I could just squeeze an exact address out of him I'd be happy.

*Australian rhyming slang for American. Septic tank = Yank, gets shortened to septic and eventually becomes seppo

3 comments:

Arnost said...

San Francisco??? Last I heard Marty bought a house in Pittsburgh PA!!!

Ashley said...

This may well be true! Of course, Mr Doherty would have to actually tell someone. Perhaps my posting might get a response from his lazy arse!

Arnost said...

When Marty lived in the scenic suburb of "Lake Emba", there was nothing but falafel in all directions.